Looking for something to do that is fun and educational? Check out some of these garden-related events from around the region!
- Self-Guided Tours at Van Dusen Botanical Garden every month – Numbered self-guided tours are plotted out by volunteers nearly every month for visitors to enjoy at their leisure. Links are provided to download PDF copies of current and past tours. Free printed copies of the current month’s tour are available for visitors at the Information Desk.
- Sustainable Workshops in Delta from March to October 2018 – Each year, Delta offers free workshops to educate residents about sustainable gardening practices. Workshops are held in North and South Delta starting in the spring. Workshops are free for Delta residents, but registration is required.
- Various Events at Van Dusen Botanical Garden. Check the events calendar for details.
- Garden Days Grow Green Guide Tour at UBC Botanical Garden on June 16th – Are you looking for plants that are easy to grow? pollinator friendly? water-wise? native? non-invasive? Join UBC Botanical Garden for a guided tour of UBC Botanical Garden and explore the Grow Green demonstration garden. Child $7. Adult $11. Concession $9.
- Various Events at UBC Botanical Garden. Check the events page for details.
- Bumblebee Parade & Picnic at UBC Botanical Garden on June 17th – Join UBC Botanical Garden for a family-focused bumblebee survey at UBC Botanical Garden. Bring your curiosity and your lunch as we parade the Garden and search for flowers and their fuzzy bumblebee companions. Child $7. Adult $11. Concession $9
- Country Fest in Maple Ridge on July 28th and 29th – With the theme “One Heck of a CELEBRATION”, enjoy the largest 4H livestock shows in BC, horse shows, home arts and gardening competitions, “Backyard Farming” demonstrations, “Fun Til You’re Done Farm” with an amazing display of young farm animals. Admission is free.
- Agriculture in the City at the PNE from August 18th to September 3rd – Come by the barn and learn about how you can incorporate Urban Agriculture into your own lifestyle! Learn about various components of Urban Agriculture including: Backyard Bees, Backyard Chickens, Community Gardening, and Composting!